Adventures in the Fallen Empire
STOP!!! If you are a player in the Fallen Empire read no further. This page is for referees only. Click here to leave now. Don't spoil the suspense for yourself by reading things that you shouldn't know.
When you decide to run a Fallen Empire game the first thing that you'll need to decide is what will be the focus of your campaign? Will you players be part of a Raider unit, trying to do as much damage as possible to the Orc tribes? Will the characters be tasked to enter the ruined lands of the empire and uncover the secret of its destruction? Will they be ordinary adventurers, able to rely only on themselves? Or will they be lords or knights, each in command of a platoon or company of men?
Before you can do any further planning you must first answer these questions.
Most of the encounters your players have should be planned, part of the storyline. However, throwning in an occasional random encounter now and then is a good thing. A good chance for a random encounter is 2 in 6 per hex. To keep the players from realizing that this is a random encounter maybe you'll want to make a few die rolls in advance and write them down. Nothing like making them wonder if it's random, or part of some adversary's evil plan.
Possessed animals use the normal animal stats and simply add this template.
- +2 ST (20) +2 IQ (40)
- Advantages: Combat Reflexes (15), High Pain Threshold (10), +2 DR (10), +3 Night Vision (3)
- Disadvantages: Appearance: Monstrous (Universal) (-25), Uncontrollable Appetite: Blood (-15)
- Breath of Fire: 3d (15) 1/2D 10, Max 100, Acc 3, RoF 1, Shots N/A, and Recoil 1
Demons are generally humanoid, but are too widely varied for a single template. However, here is one example of a randomly wandering demon.
- ST 19 (90) DX 11 (20) IQ 10 HT 13 (30) - Speed 6 Dodge 9 Move 8 - 7' 400 lbs. HP 19 Bite 1d+3 cut, Claws 2d cut
- Advantages: Sharp Claws (5), Combat Reflexes (15), DR 2 (10), High Pain Threshold (10), Sharp Teeth (1)
- Disadvantages: Berserk (12) (-10), Bestial (-10), Monstrous (Universal) (-25), Uncontrollable Appetite: Blood (-15)
- Skills: Brawling-14 (8)
The ruined lands of the Empire, just east of the Barony.
Two basic quests immediately present themselves. 1) Raid into the Orc lands. Cause the Orcs enough trouble that they stop raiding the Barony for this year. 2) Venture into the blasted lands of the Empire. Find out what really happened. Did the Elves really destroy the Empire?