List of Academic Literature on Hong Kong Politics
This is a list in progress with articles concerning the study of politics in Hong Kong, which might be relevant for my thesis. It tries to be exhaustive but it still lacks many texts. Please feel free and contribute to this list by clicking on Edit in the relevant section.
- Beatty, Bob. 2003. Democracy, Asian Values, and Hong Kong. Westport and London: Praeger.
- Butenhoff, Linda. 1999. Social Movements and Political Reform in Hong Kong. Westport and London: Praeger.
- Chan, Ming K. and Alvin Y. So (eds.) 2002. Crisis and Transformation in China's Hong Kong. Armonk and London: M.E. Sharpe.
- Cheung, Anthony Bing-leung and Kin-sheun Louie. 1991. Social Conflicts in Hong Kong, 1975-1986: Trends and Implications. Hong Kong: Hong Kong Institute of Asia-Pacific Studies, Occassional Papers No. 3.
- Cohen, Warren I. and Li Zhao. 1997. Hong Kong Under Chinese Rule: The Economic and Political Implications of Reversion. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Harris, Peter. 1978. Hong Kong: A Study in Bureaucratic Politics. Hong Kong: Heinemann Asia.
- Horlemann, Ralf. 1999. Die R�ckgabe Hongkongs und seine Verfassung. Grenzen der Autonomie. Hamburg: Institut für Asienkunde.
- Lau, Siu-kai. 1982. Society and Politics in Hong Kong. Hong Kong: The Chinese University Press.
- Leung, Benjamin K.P. 1996. Perspectives on Hong Kong Society. Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press
- Lo Shiu-hing. 1997. The Politics of Democratization in Hong Kong. Houndmills: Macmillan Press.
- Lo Shiu-hing. 2001. Governing Hong Kong: Legitimacy, Communication and Political Decay. New York: Nova Science Publishers.
- Ma Ngok and Choy Chi-keung. 2003. 選舉制度的政治效果—港式比例代表制的經驗 (Political Consequences of Electoral Systems: The Hong Kong Proportional Representation System.) (in Chinese) Hong Kong: City University of Hong Kong Press.
- Miners, Norman. 1986. The Government and Politics of Hong Kong. (4th. ed.) Hong Kong: Oxford University Press.
- Miners, Norman. 1991. The Government and Politics of Hong Kong. (5th. ed.) Hong Kong: Oxford University Press.
- Sing, Ming. 2004. Hong Kong's Tortuous Democratization: A Comparative Analysis. London: RoutledgeCurzon.
- Scott, Ian. 1989. Political Change and the Crisis of Legitimacy in Hong Kong. London: Hurst & Company.
- So, Alvin Y. 1999. Hong Kong's Embattled Democracy: A Societal Analysis. Baltimore and London: The Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Thomas, Nicholas. 1999. Democracy Denied: Identity, Civil Society and illiberal Democracy in Hong Kong. Aldershot: Ashgate.
- Tsang, Steve. 2004. A Modern History of Hong Kong. London and New York: I.B. Tauris.
- Yeung, Yue-man. 2002. New Challenges for Development and Modernization: Hong Kong and the Asia-Pacific Region in the New Millenium. Hong Kong: The Chinese University Press.
Articles in Books
- Chang Kuo-sin. 1982. "Hong Kong," in: John Lent (ed.). Newspapers in Asia: Contemporary Trends and Problems. Hong Kong: Heinemann Asia.
Articles in Journals
- Hoadley, J. Stephen. 1973. "Political Participation of Hong Kong Chinese: Patterns and Trends," Asian Survey, 13:6 (June). P. 604-616.
- Hook, Brian. 1993. "Political Change in Hong Kong," China Quarterly, 136, (Special Issue: Greater China, December). P. 840-863.
- Hook, Brian. 1983. "The Government of Hong Kong: Change within Tradition," China Quarterly, 95 (September). P. 491-511.
- King, Ambrose Yeo-chi. 1975. "Administrative Absorption of Politics in Hong Kong: Emphasis on the Grass Roots Level," in: Asian Survey 15:5 (May). P. 422-439.
- Lo Shiu-Hing. 1988. "Decolonization and Political Development in Hong Kong: Citizen Participation," in: Asian Survey 28:6 (June). P. 613-629.